I thought we could coast through the end of school. Thought. The weekly homework had come to an end. It was just a matter of coasting through the last couple of weeks of school, filled with field day, park day, and yearbook signing, etc. I thought Cole had whipped Kindergarten, the thing that just a year ago I was terrified of! All in all, he had a pretty good school year and performed MUCH better than I had anticipated.
However...today I got an e-mail from Mrs. Ullah saying that she was very concerned because Cole's behavior had been "off" lately. He was struggling much more than usual with getting his work finished. He was acting goofy and silly when he should be paying attention in class. And, not only that, the PE teacher had said the same thing. And, it wasn't a one time thing. This had been going on for the past couple of weeks.
As I'm driving home from work thinking about his behavior, full well knowing I had been seeing the same things at home but chalking them up to spring fever, Nonnie got Cole off the school bus. The bus driver talked to her about the behavior she was seeing on the bus....completely out of character for him, and he had been in trouble more than once over the past week. *sigh* Guess its time to call Dr. VanHorn again.
As much as the Celexa had been a sort of miracle drug for Cole, it was beginning to not work any longer. We had double his dosage around Christmas and the doctor said that he expected this dosage to last a least a year. So, why now, less than 6 months later, are we seeing his behavior spiraling out of control again??
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment