Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's in Orlando!

As a general rule, I hate traveling for work. Its not that I don't like to travel...its that I don't like leaving the boys as I know it puts a big burden on everyone. Nonnie has to double up on babysitting duty...tackling the whole week rather than her normal 3 days. And, the days are longer for her as she has to start earlier and end later than normal. MomMom and Big Grandad relieve Nonnie in the evenings when they get home from work, and also make dinner and feed the boys. And, once Daddy finally gets home, he takes over from there and gets them ready for bed.

Since it becomes a big production that involves the entire family when I travel, I try to weasel out of every trip possible. But, when the boss says I'm going...sometimes I don't have a choice. Luckily, she is pretty understanding about my kids at home and doesn't force the issue too often. However, this was not one of those times... And, I ended up in Orlando. (And...let me tell you, once I got there and felt that Florida sunshine....I didn't mind a bit!)


My hotel.




The Peabody ducks. Talk about pampered! These guys have their own duck house, a parade 2x a day where the hotel brings them down in the elevator and literally rolls out the red carpet for these guys, and all afternoon by the fountain...



Snuck away from meetings one afternoon to enjoy Epcot! Shhhh...







The boys missed me. A LOT! So, I came home to find some nice surprises....a Welcome Home banner Cole made, a dozen roses from my guys, balloons, and Chris had done all of my Mother's Day shopping for me! :)



I got home from the airport around dinnertime. So, we decided to run up the street to the Mexican restaurant for dinner. Every time I turned around to talk to the boys in the backseat, Cole was wiping tears. I asked him what was wrong, and he kept saying, "Nothing." He was trying to hard to be tough...but the little guy missed his mom! Awwwwwww....

No comments: