I got a phone call today from Nonnie around 1:00 saying that Cole wasn't home from summer school yet! School gets out a noon, and he has quite a long bus ride, but the bus has been coming sometime around 12:45. Hmmmm...odd... I remembered that he was to have a substitute bus driver that afternoon, but he still should have been home by now!
3 days a week, he rides a different bus over to the preschool where Chase goes. And, on Mondays and Fridays, he rides the bus home. So, thinking that he may have gotten confused and taken the wrong bus, Nonnie drove to the preschool expecting to see him standing outside. But, no one was there...even the lights were out inside the school!
In the meantime, I was trying to call the preschool and getting no answer. So, when Nonnie called back to say that he wasn't there, I wasn't surprised. In the meantime, however, I looked up the phone number for the bus company and gave them a call. When I explained the situation, the lady on the other end laughed and said, "Oh....HE must be our sleeper!"
Yep....he fell asleep on the school bus! And, about the same time I called looking for him, the bus driver had radioed the bus company to say she found a little boy asleep in the back seat of the bus! And, she was on her way back to our house to drop him off. The only problem now was that Nonnie wasn't there to meet the bus since she had gone to the preschool looking for him!
Thankfully (for so many reasons!) we live in a small town! The bus driver kindly offered to drive across town to meet Nonnie in the preschool parking lot to drop off Cole.
Poor Nonnie and Mommy were both a little frazzled from trying to locate him. But, so relieved when he was safe and sound! We figured he might have been a little scared waking up on an empty bus. Nope, not Cole! He bounded right down the steps of the bus and said, "Nonnie, I got my work all finished at school!" It was just as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened! And, when Daddy got home and tried to ask him different details about the bus ride, he just rolled his eyes and said, "It was FINE, Dad! I just fell asleep, that's all!"
No big deal.
However, from now on, he will be sitting in the front of the bus!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment