Funny thing is...he really holds it together at school. But, the minute I put him in the car to head home, the complaining and arguing begins. And, it doesn't end until bedtime. *ugh* I'm tired. Poor kid...it isn't his fault really. I'm sure his system is completely out of whack with the different doses of meds floating around. And, the Abilify the doctor prescribed makes him tired. So tired, in fact, that he has been taking a NAP at the preschool every afternoon! I'm going to have have to dig out his nap mat and sheet again!!! Anyway...its been a trying week.
So, tonight for dinner I grilled kabobs. Chicken, red and green peppers, mushrooms, onions. A little Terryaki. And, I just KNEW it wasn't going to be right with Cole. It would look funny. Smell funny. Something. And, so as I set his plate down in front of him, I nearly ran away before the backlash hit!
But....hmmmmm....it was an eerie quiet instead...
Mom: Cole, how do you like your rice and kabobs?
Cole: Its GOOD!
Mom: Really?? You like it?
Cole: Oh baby! Somebody call a doctor! I love kabobs!
And, just like that, I got a glimpse of the Cole I have been missing lately! I laughed until I nearly fell out of my chair!!
And dinner? He ate every bite on his plate! Go figure!

1 comment:
Poor guy...hopefully he can get regulated soon. He is such a loving little boy when he's feeling well. Hang in there yourself (=
Post a Comment