Friday, June 4, 2010

Bathtime conversation

Cole decided to take a bath tonight. It has normally been showers for him for months. I guess tonight the bath toys looked like old friends, and he decided to play awhile. I checked in on him every now and then. And, out of the blue, he said, "Mom, Dr. VanHorn sure is a smart guy." Then, he asked about the Joshua Center and his counselor, Mike, that we haven't seen in nearly a year now...

Cole: How come you never let me see Mike anymore?
Mom: Well...we used to visit with Mike back when you were really grouchy all the time. Remember when you used to scream and yell at us, and you wouldn't play with your friends at school? But, for this whole school year you have been really happy and sweet and we haven't needed to see Mike.
Cole: Awwwwwwwww.....I have hearts coming out of my head!!!

No comments: