Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chase @ 9 months!

What a day! Chase had his 9-month check-up with Dr. Trites this morning! He is still growing like a weed:

Height 28 1/2" (60th percentile)
Weight 22lbs. (75th percentile)
Head 44.8 cm. (45th percentile)

He is, of course, meeting all of his milestones and right on target! We discussed his helmet and how well he is doing with it. The doctor was down right impressed with how rounded his head is now, and even said Chase is the first child she has ever seen in all her years that has that THIS much success with a helmet!!! WOO HOO!

We also discussed his torticollis and the use of Botox to "cure" it. She, too, was skeptical and leery of injecting Botox into his neck. I asked her what she would do if it were her child, and she said, "They had better sell me a very convincing argument because I don't think I would do it." My sentiments exactly. But, since the Torticollis Clinic can't see Chase until May anyway, I'm hoping that he drastically improves on his own before then. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

And, while we were at the doctor's office, I looked down and noticed his first tooth had finally popped through!!!! And, he has a second one about to come in as well!!! (I guess that would explain why he has been so grumpy the last couple of days!)

No comments: