Wednesday, August 8, 2007
My Big Boy
Lately, Cole has turned into such a big kid! No, its not because we have a 2-month-old in the house and, all of the sudden, my "baby" looks like a giant compared to Chase. Rather, he seems to have found his courage over the last 2 weeks. He conquered his fear of the '34 Ford and went for a ride with his Daddy. Last week at the waterpark, instead of his usual just walking around in the 6" of water in the baby pool, he actually floated down the Lazy River ride on my lap in an innertube (something he was deathly afraid of before) and let me hold him in the deep water of the big pool! And, just today we visited the waterpark again...where he shocked me by asking to stand on the side of the pool and jump in for Mommy to catch him! (I'll bet he jumped in 50 times!) Not only that, he learned to float on his own wearing a life jacket and didn't want me to hold onto him! It was a bittersweet moment when Cole said, "No, Mommy! Let me go!" and I just had to stand back and watch him floating there without me holding him. I was so proud of that little guy! But, at the same time, I came to the realization that my "baby" is growing up...FAST! *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment