Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back to work

So...the return to work has been fairly uneventful, albeit stressful. Getting into a new routine with the boys, along with returning to a job that I'm not crazy about to begin with, has been a little hectic. Tack on the 1.5 hour commute each way. Oh, and a baby who still doesn't sleep through the night... Yeah, this is one tired momma! I am very thankful that its just 3 days a week.

The first day, Chase cried when I dropped the boys off at Nonnie's house. The minute I sat his carseat on the kitchen counter, the lip started to quiver. But, Nonnie said he only cried for a few minutes and was fine the rest of the day. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess!

I thought Cole might be sad to see me go. But, I was wrong about that! Nonnie had his powdered sugar donuts ready and waiting for him when we hit the door that morning. He made a flying leap into the chair and began scarfing them down! He managed a quick wave and one "Bye, MOM!!!" and that was that! Don't get me wrong...I'm glad he was happy and not hanging on my pant leg crying. But, I thought he might be just a little sad to see me leave! :)

2 comments:

JenC said...

A 1 1/2 hour commute?? Do you drive or take some form of public transportation?? How do you occupy yourself?

Kristy said...

I drive it, so I'm plenty occupied! Nonnie (who babysits) lives in the opposite direction from work. But knowing my boys are happy and well taken care of makes it worth all the miles.