The whole family visited the dentist today! And, it was Cole's first visit ever (and one we will not soon forget).
Cole's appointment was first, followed by Chris and me. Thinking ahead (or so we thought), we each drove seperate cars. Our plan was to let Cole go first, followed by one of us. And, then whoever got done first would take the kids home while the other stayed behind to get their cleaning. That was the PLAN. What actually happened, was more like....uh, chaos.
The dentist called Cole back and Mommy went with him for moral support. As soon as he saw the chair he was to sit in, he FREAKED OUT. I never saw him throw such a fit! He yelled, he screamed, he hit and kicked Mommy, he kicked the wall. You name it, he did it. And, we tried everything to get him to settle down, all to no avail. Finally, I said I would have my teeth cleaned first and he could watch. And, that worked like a charm. He was very interested in the dental tools, figuring out how the chair went up and down, and asked Dr. L fifty questions about what she was doing. And, we thought things were going well. Until....I was finished. He knew it was his turn, and like someone flipping a switch, he turned back into devil-child.
We were at the dental office for nearly 2 hours. Everyone in the office from the dentist, the hygenist, and even complete strangers in the waiting room tried to convince Cole to open his mouth and let Dr. L count his teeth. But, no amount of coaxing or even sheer bribery would get him to change his mind. And, we finally had to give up and leave with Cole kicking and screaming his way out the door.
I know everyone was glad to see us leave! That was one of the most embarassing moments we have ever had. And, I'm not exactly sure how we'll ever convince him to go back to the dentist.
Cole = 1. Dentist = 0.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment