Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Daddy celebrated a "BIG" birthday today!  And, by "big," I mean the big 4-0.  He didn't want a big party or much hoopla around the occasion.  And, he bought his own birthday present....a new black powder pistol.  So, that pretty much made the shopping and wrapping easy this year for me and the boys!

We were planning to go out to breakfast with NaNa and PaPa this morning at Cracker Barrel.  The boys were looking forward to it!  Until.....

2:30 A.M.

Mommy and Daddy were obviously sound asleep at that time of night.  When, all of the sudden, the light in bedroom turns on!!  Both of us sat straight up in bed and looked at each other trying to figure out what in the world was happening and why our light had suddenly come on! We looked over to the doorway, just in time to see Chase standing there throwing up all over the carpet!  GROSS!!!

OK....we're up NOW!!!  I grabbed Chase, carried him to the bathroom for another round.  And, Daddy grabbed towels and began to (try) to clean up the mess.  He ended up downstairs after about 2 minutes...feeling queasy himself at that point!  I cleaned up Chase, scrubbed the THREE spots in the carpet (found 2 more along the way to his bedroom...ugh), and stripped the sheets off his bed.  I put Chase in our bed....trash can next to the bed...and banished Daddy downstairs to the couch for the rest of the night.

It was about that time when I looked at Chris and said, "Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!"  And, he just rolled his eyes....

Poor Chase was sick the entire night, and most of the next day as well.  Poor kiddo....he was so sick...and so sad...  We spent the next 12 hours laying in my bed, watching his favorite shows on TV, in between cleaning up messes. 

And, Chris spent his birthday hanging out with Cole.  They went to McDonald's for breakfast, spent some time out in the building, and did "who knows what" all day long...just trying to stay out of the house and away from the germs!

While it wasn't exactly the birthday Chris had envisioned, I did remind him that just 2 days earlier he wished for "peace and quiet" on his birthday.  Guess he got that with Chase confined to the bedroom!  (Albeit, not exactly what he had intended when he made that wish!)

By evening, Chase was well enough to move to the couch for awhile.  And, I did manage to make Chris' favorite dinner and cupcakes for dessert!  We managed to salvage what we could of the day.  But, don't worry....we'll make it up to you!  We'll celebrate next weekend!

Happy Birthday, Daddy!  It was a memorable one!


No comments: