The snow we had finally started to melt a little bit today. When I went outside to shovel what used to be ice,which had now turned to slush, off the driveway, I was greeted by 2 of the cutest little gold miners you will ever meet!They are HUGE fans of the show, "Gold Rush." We never miss an episode, and they will even re-watch old episodes over and over. Both boys now want to be gold miners (or, just maybe Cole might want to be a diamond miner in South America as well).
They were so excited to tell me that the melting snow in the yard had revealed "an ancient river" and could they please go get their gold pans so they could pan it and see if it contained any gold. And, off they went!
They panned for HOURS! And, every few minutes, they would each run over to show me how many "colors" they had in each pan. (A pan that was more mud than water after awhile!) They repeated lines from the Gold Rush episodes they could remember. And, at one point, they decided to abandon this cut to open up another cut which might contain an ancient waterfall.
I shoveled that driveway much longer than I had planned to. But, I just couldn't leave and miss all the fun and excitement the boys were having with their gold mine!
And, as Chase said (with his nose pinched tightly to do his best Jack Hoffman impression), "No guts, no glory!"
Dream big, boys! I hope you do strike it big someday!

No comments:
Post a Comment