Today, Mommy and the boys went to the KC Zoo! Cole has only been once before, and that trip was a class field trip with about 12,000 crazy kids running everywhere. So, crossing our fingers for a more pleasant experience this time, we set out. Today seemed like a good day since we were having a much "cooler" day with a high of ONLY 92 degrees predicted!
Chase is definitely an animal lover. So, naturally, he had the best time at the zoo. The poor guy did get tired of walking and we only saw maybe half of the zoo! (Trust me when I say splurge for the unlimited train/tram/carousel rides. Boy was I thankful for the transportation when it was hot and Chase was tired!)
Chase's FAVORITE animal at the zoo...the polar bear!!! We had to stop by and visit the bear at least 3 times. And, when it was time to leave, I had to drag him out of the zoo throwing a huge temper tantrum because he wanted to see the polar bear again!
The polar bear would dive in, swim to where Chase was standing, then put his paws on the glass to push off and swim backwards. Chase loved it! In fact, if you look close...you can see where he went under the railing to put his hands on the glass to touch the bear's paw!
Cole and Chase looking at the river otters.
Getting an up close view of the California King Snake. (YUCK!!! Do you see what a cool Mom I am? I mean, I'm terrified of snakes. TERRIFIED. Yet, I went in the snake house twice AND took pictures for my kids.)
Chase on the carousel.
Two little monkeys!
A pretty Macaw that we watched for quite awhile!
Cole on the train.
The African Sky Safari.....the BEST way to visit the African section on the zoo! We walked, and walked, and walked at first...until Chase couldn't put one foot in front of the other. And, then we stumbled on this sky ride! Cole was freaked out and wanted no part of riding on this. But, I may or may not have told him to suck it up and get on anyway...Chase and I were not walking all that way back!! Reluctantly, he got on, and held on for dear life the entire ride. But, he did it! (And, you should have seen him scurry off the minute we got close to the ground!)
Cole on the carousel!
Chase on the pink flamingo!
Chase almost touched this bird! He wanted to, but about 1 second after I snapped this picture, the bird flapped his wings and scared Chase to death!

No comments:
Post a Comment