Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Is this any way to spend a vacation?

This week, Mommy took a week of vacation from work. I felt like the summer had just flown by too quickly and that I really wanted to spend some time with the boys doing some fun activities! I had the week all planned out in my head....Kaleidoscope and Crown Center, Paradise Park, movies, and lazy afternoons at the pool. It was going to be fun!

However, those plans were quickly scrapped when, on Day #1 of vacation, Mommy and Cole woke up sick! I wasn't sure what was wrong, but hoped that we would feel better in a day or two. Boy was I wrong... This thing was hanging on. And, 3 or 4 days later, Daddy and Chase came down with it too.

The next day, the boys were scheduled for their "well visits" with the pediatrician. Only, we ended up sitting in the sick waiting room instead! We visited with Dr. Trites, chatted about all the things the boys were up to lately, and after about 20 minutes, she looked in Cole's mouth. She nearly into jumped into the next room and exclaimed, "OMG....you've got STREP!!!!" Poor Cole had to endure a throat culture (and it was probably a good thing he's never had one because he had to clue to what to expect! But, trust me...it won't be pretty the next time he has to have one done!)

Thankfully, the strep test came back negative, so the doctor concluded that we all had the coxsackie virus (hand/foot/mouth virus) as Cole's throat was covered in blisters. A quick check of Chase revealed the same for him too. *sigh* So...90% of my vacation was spent feeling awful or playing nurse to everyone else that felt awful! Even Daddy missed a day and a half of work...which is unheard of!

So much for that fun vacation I had planned.... We did manage to squeeze in one movie. Hopefully we didn't spread our germs to too many around us! (oops!) But, we just HAD to see Winnie the Pooh! :)












And, I've got my fingers crossed we can salvage the last few days of this vacation to still squeeze in a few fun activities!

Oh yeah...and the boys were not sad at all to miss their last 2 swim lessons....

No comments: