It only took me 9 months to finally get around to letting him bake cakes. And, trust me, it isn't because Cole forgot about it. He has nagged me for months to bake cakes. Awhile back, I got brave enough to open to the box. And, when I saw 42 tiny plastic pieces, I got a little freaked out and put it away. I was wayyyy too intimidated to even attempt it. A 3 year old and a 6 year old. Tiny cakes. Fondant. An icing spray attachment. Oh...my.
This weekend, it was cold and rainy. The kids were bored. And, for some unknown reason, I got the bright idea to let them bake their cakes. (And, by "baking" I really mean microwaving. These cakes are so small they literally cook in under 30 seconds in the microwave. So, technically, I guess its more about the decorating of the cake than the baking.)
Cole decorating his cake.
Chase rolling out the fondant.
Chase hard at work.
Cole's masterpiece.
Chase's work of art.
Yummy!

No comments:
Post a Comment