Friday, September 17, 2010

The Mean Mom

Cole visits his psychiatrist every three months or so, just to check in. Well, that's assuming all is going well. If he needed to go more often, he certainly could and would! But, since things appear to be going pretty good right now, his visit today was more or less just to check-in and get new prescriptions.

Dr. V asked Cole is he had chores. Cole said he did and that his chores were to make his bed and clean his room. However, he didn't really like to do those chores and it was much easier to just let Mom do it. Dr. V tried to convince him that he really needed to be taking responsibility for getting his own chores done and not rely on Mom to do those things for him. And, Cole wasn't buying it. Not for a minute.

When we got to the car, the following conversation took place:

Mom: Cole, it sounds like Dr. V thinks you should be doing your chores.
Cole: Yeah, but I don't think that is going to happen.
Mom: Well, Cole...it isn't fair to make Mom do all of your work. You need to be helping out.
Cole: Well, I don't like to do those things.
Mom: I don't like to do those things either!
Cole: Yes you do!!!
Mom: No, I don't! Do you think I like scrubbing your dirty toilet?
Cole: Yeah.
Mom: Well, I don't! I have to clean the whole house. And, I really think that you need to be keeping your own bedroom picked up and your bed made. After all, I didn't get any of those toys out. And, I didn't sleep in your bed. I think its high time you start doing your chores.
Cole: KRISTY CHRISTOPHER SIMMONS!!!!! That's just MEAN!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

LOL! Gee, I never knew you and Cole shared a middle name... :)