Poor Chase...that kid can't seem to catch a break! He always seems to end up in the Emergency Room!
Tonight, he was on the riding mower with Daddy, a place he LOVES to be! He's been on it since he was a year old. And, he's even been know to fall asleep while riding around. (We still can't figure out how the roar of the engine and all the bumps is relaxing, but hey...) I digress.
So, tonight as Daddy and Chase were mowing, all of the sudden Chase starts screaming! Daddy can't figure out what was wrong and Mommy heard the screaming and went running outside. We finally figured out that something must have gotten into Chase's ear! So, I threw him in the car and headed to the ER. On the way, he finally calmed down enough to tell that he could hear something buzzing inside, so I knew it must be a bug.
After checking in, I looked around and saw a whole room full of sick people. Gross. I kept thinking about all the germs that were crawling around in that room and about how much I did not want Chase and I to end up sick from sitting there! So, I was relieved when the nurse called us back right away to assess the situation. She assured me that people get things lodged in their ears all the time and it was a common thing. And, then she suggested we try to flush out the ear with water to see if that wouldn't make the bug come out.
Nope. Nothing came out (except grass and dirt!). But, apparently the water drowned the bug because the buzzing stopped. And, with the bug now dead, Chase thought he was good to go! He kept asking to go home! Unfortunately, we had to sit there another 2 HOURS until we were finally called back to be seen by a doctor.
At nearly 10:45pm, the doctor finally came in to look at Chase. She could see the bug and thought she could grab it with something that looked like big tweezers and pull it out. Chase was NOT happy. And, when she pulled out a small "bug", I thought we were done! Her answer...."Nope, that was just a wing."
A wing? How big was this thing!??!
Apparently, the size of a lightning bug! On her second attempt, she pulled out this giant, black bug! I swear, it looked like a scene out of a horror movie! How did that HUGE bug get inside that baby's ear??? Disguisting! But, at least it was out now and we could go home.
From now on, that kid is going to wear ear muffs when he mows!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment