Sad news on the pet front at our house. Mr. Fishypants (aka known as Shark) died today. During dinner.
I noticed yesterday that the fishy had started changing color. Instead of the vibrant blue he used to be, I noticed he was more of a sickly brown color. I also noticed he didn't seem as zippy as usual. Instead, he just sort of laid around on the rocks quite a bit.
So, this morning, I tried to prepare the boys that the fish may not be long for this world. And, at first they seemed a little upset that their fish may not make it. However, that lasted all of about 5 mintues. And, then their minds were onto other things.
So, it was during dinner that I noticed him sort of lying on the rocks. I told the boys that I really thought this was it for Mr. Fishypants. However, when Daddy went to check on the fish, he lightly tapped the bowl and the fish immediately swam away. Hmmmm....maybe he was just tired? Yeah, that's it.
After the main course, I went back to get dessert. As I was cutting brownies and putting them on plates to serve, Cole noticed that Mr. Fishypants was now lying sideways. I could see his gills moving, so I told Cole he was still alive. However, it was sometime during brownies that he passed away. And, surprisingly, the boys handled it well. Almost too well. The argument was then on about who was going to get to flush him down the toilet!!!
Ah...boys.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment