Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another trip to the ER!

This time it was Cole who took a fall down the stairs!

And, seriously, if we have to make another trip to the ER and tell them "he fell down the stairs" again, I swear Child Protective Services is going to open a case file on us! Thankfully no one in the ER gave us the accusing eye or asked any further questions. But, in this day and age, its hard not to feel like you are under scrutiny for child abuse when you drag a hurt kid in for treatment!

Anyway, last night our realtor was out at the house officially putting our house on the market. She and Chris went out to the garage and Cole wanted to tag along. He started down the stairs with Mommy right behind him. All of the sudden, he caught the tip of his shoe (the rubber sole that wraps up to the toe area) on the carpet, and down he went. It was like it happened in slow motion. I was right there, but couldn't move fast enouch to catch him before he landed head first onto the tile floor.

I scooped him up and immediately started inspecting him for any sign of injury. I had him turn his neck side-to-side and up/down. He could do it! And, I inspected the top of his head, thinking that is where he landed. After a couple of minutes of not finding anything, he quit sreaming long enough to turn his head toward me. And, that's when I saw it. A HUGE black and blue knot the size of an egg sticking right out of his forehead!!!!!!!!!

So, off to the ER we went. We even got good ol' Exam Room #7 again--the same room Chase was in just 3 weeks earlier! And, after waiting over 2 hours to been seen by the doctor, Cole had quit screaming and kicking us out of sheer exhaustion. By the time the doctor came into the room, he was back to his old self....asking 10,000 questions about how the equipment worked. And, the doctor agreed that he was just fine. He just has a nasty bump and bruise!

No comments: