
The boys were out of school today, so we decided to celebrate the first school holiday with a trip to LEGOLAND and Crown Center! Though we've had Legoland in KC for awhile now, we were waiting for the crowds to die down a little before we went. And, today turned out to be a perfect day for it! Lots of other kids were still in school, so there wasn't much of a crowd at all!
The boys loved everything about it! But, their favorite parts were the huge pools of Legos that you could take your shoes off and just sit down in and play! Followed by the area with race tracks and huge tubs of Lego parts for building cars. After you build a car (or 10), you can race them down different tracks and against other kids. This was a huge hit with the boys!
 |
| Building with "electronic legos" on IPads. Here are the both boys' creations. |
 |
| Downtown KC built entirely out of Legos. Not the best picture, but Cole had to find just the right angle and just the right lighting. This shot probably took 10 minutes! :) |
 |
| Cole in one of the Lego pits. |
 |
| Chase looking for all the parts to build his airplane. |
 |
| Chase is working hard! |
 |
| Getty comfy. He could have stayed here all day! |
 |
| Lego motorcycle boy! |
After we finally left LEGOLAND in the early afternoon, we decided to look around Crown Center a bit before heading home. We found lots of cool stuff along the way, including the fudge shop where you can watch them making fudge right in front of you. That also means samples and licking the paddles! We bought some fudge too, and rested our tired feet while we re-fueled with more sugar. And, as we were nearing the exit, we stumbled on a Curious George exhibit! Oh, Chase was a happy boy!!!!!
 |
| Yea! We found George! |
 |
| Chase and his monkey! |
We had a great day, but boy were we beat after all that playing! We'll come back to Crown Center and visit again some time!
4 comments:
How are the feet of children impervious to the pain of stepping on Legos? One misstep on a Lego brick and I feel like I'll be crippled for life.
How are the feet of children impervious to the pain of stepping on Legos? One misstep on a Lego brick and I feel like I'll be crippled for life.
How are the feet of children impervious to the pain of stepping on Legos? One misstep on a Lego brick and I feel like I'll be crippled for life.
How are the feet of children impervious to the pain of stepping on Legos? One misstep on a Lego brick and I feel like I'll be crippled for life.
Post a Comment