When Cole was about 3 years old, he begged us to take him to the Waffle House. And, we said no. And, for DAYS...all we heard about was eating at Waffle House.
Truthfully, Mommy and Daddy have only eaten at the Waffle House once. And, it wasn't a good experience. It was late Thanksgiving night, in Joplin, and after eating a very early dinner at a hotel buffet, we got hungry. The ONLY restaurant open that night was a very greasy, dirty Waffle House across the street from our hotel. So, we went. I ordered a waffle and was told they were "out". Excuse me?!? I asked the waitress, "Isn't this the Waffle House? How do you run out of waffles???" Apparently, on Thanksgiving, there had been a massive demand for waffles. Go figure.
I believe I ended up with a small plate of hashbrowns. And, I don't remember what Chris ate...but I do remember him barely getting it down. If we hadn't been so hungry, and if there had been any other restaurant in town open, I'm quite certain we would not have been sitting in that place, eating what I can only describe has something that resembled food.
So, when Cole begged us to take him to Waffle House for breakfast (because what kid doesn't think that a big pile of sugary syrup would make a great meal?!?), without hesitation we said "NO!"! And, we said it repeatedly because the begging just wouldn't stop.
Finally, Daddy told Cole that he wouldn't like Waffle House because it was sticky. STICKY!!! Genius! After all, this is the kid who eats donuts with a fork because he doesn't like to get his hands messy. He totally bought it! Sticky?!?! No way...he wasn't about to eat THERE!!!
Nearly 4 years later, he comes home with this paper from school. Apparently, Daddy left a lasting impression.
And, as for salad.... He just doesn't like that! He had to put it on the paper twice! Hey...he got a perfect score though! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment