Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Cat In the Hat

Today at school, Mrs. Ullah had a surprise in store for the kids in her class. All we knew was that the children were supposed to wear black and the surprise had something to do with Dr. Seuss.

Turns out...it was Dr. Seuss' birthday! How do I know that? Well....as the school bus pulled up, Cole jumped off and immediately got in the car with "the look" on his face. You know, the one that shoots daggers.... I asked him what was wrong and he immediately started yelling at me that "someone had painted this stupid thing on my face!!" for Dr. Seuss' birthday!

Now...I was just sitting there in amazement since it was the first time that Cole had actually let someone paint his face! Over the years, we have had several opportunities for face painting and Cole would never even think about letting someone paint his face! It has always been an emphatic NO! So, the fact that he was sitting in front of me with adorable little cat whiskers on his face was the cutest thing ever!!!! But....he was completely embarrassed when he got off the bus and realized that I hadn't yet seen the face painting.

I told him how cute he looked all the way back to the house. But, he wasn't buying it. He walked inside, threw himself on the couch and was very grumpy for the next hour or so. (And, yeah...taking pictures didn't help matters either!) But, how could I not take at least one picture????

Here's the cutest little Cat in the Hat ever (even without a smile!)!

No comments: