Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chase's 12-month checkup

Chase had his one year check up today with Dr. Trites! Here are his stats:

Height: 30 1/2" (75th percentile)
Weight: 23 lbs. (50th percentile)
Head: 46 cm. (25-50% percetile)

I was truly amazed that his weight was ONLY 23 lbs. and that he was smack dab in the "average" category! I thought for sure he was chunkier than that!!!! I guess all of his adventure crawling has really slimmed him down lately.

He is now officially off of his bottles and we've moved onto sippy cups of whole milk. He doesn't miss the bottle at all, so it was a very easy transition. And, he is about 95% on table food at this point. Again, he doesn't miss baby food at all. In fact, Mr. Independent gets mad if we try to help him eat. And, the bigger the mess he can make, the better! (Unlike Cole who would still let me feed him if I would. He wouldn't want to get a drop of food on him!!!)

Dr. T read the doctor's report from Children's Mercy while I was there. And, was pretty much in agreement that Botox was probably going to be our best bet for treating the torticollis. (Otherwise, our options are to do nothing or wait until 3-4 years old and have surgery to lengthen the short neck muscle.) So, we're now leaning towards the Botox injections and LOTS of physical therapy at home. But, for now, I haven't made that appointment just yet...

Chase was right on track, hitting all of his developmental milestones. I guess that broken leg and hip didn't slow him down one bit. And, he received 3 shots which he wasn't very happy about. All in all, everything was good and we'll go back again at 18 months.

No comments: