Anyone who knows my boys, knows that Chase just hangs on every word Cole says. He is just crazy about his big brother. Unfortunately, big brother just doesn't have the time to be bothered with the drool monster. While, yes, Cole has come around ever so slightly these days, its not enough to get really excited about. They might actually play together for about 10 minutes out of the day. That is, until Chase looks like he might drool.
Last night, we had bad storms in the area. And, when the tornado sirens started sounding around 9pm or so, we decided to wake the boys and head to the basement. (Well, all of us except Daddy, who was taking pictures and filming video.) Cole, Chase and I snuggled up in the corner in the basement until the sirens stopped sounding. And, at one point, Chase got a little restless and wanted to start crawling around to explore. I wouldn't let him go, and made him stay in our little huddle. While Chase was trying to get away, Cole says, "MOM!!! Don't let him crawl away! He might get blown away by the tornado! I love him!! He is my friend and I play with him all the time!!!"
So, I guess when faced with the possibility of Chase being blown away in a twister, it is nice to know that DEEP DOWN Cole really does love his brother. Although, you wouldn't have known that this morning when Cole threw a toy at Chase, splitting his gum. Sigh.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww...See? Don't worry, they'll be playing - and fighting - soon enough! Incidentally, the thought of a tornado warnng scares the bejeebus out of me!
Post a Comment