What can I say about 2007 as I reflect back on the year we've had?
First and foremost, we welcomed Chase into our lives! On May 25, a "tiny" 8lb. 7oz. bundle of joy entered our lives. And, since that day, we have watched him grow into the 20+lb. 7-month-old that he is today. He is a real Mama's boy, very laid back, and always full of smiles and giggles. What a joy he has been, and continues to be, each and every day! (Although, Cole might not agree so much!) Without a doubt, this is the single best event of the year for our family!
Cole has grown up so much over the past year! He mastered potty training, became a big brother, conquered his fear of riding in the '34 Ford, and got a brand new big boy room! He goes outside to play with his friends now, including inviting them over to play on his swingset or driving them around in his Gator. Every trace of his babyhood is long gone, with the sole exception of his beloved "blankie" that he still loves to sleep with.
He can now write his own name, and loves to use scissors and pencils to "write." He is even mastering his Leapster now and he looks so grown up with his head buried in a video game! He loves tools and spending time working in the garage with Daddy. They always have one project or another that they are working on together.
As I reflect on 2007, I realize just how much the boys have grown and changed. And, how fast it has all happened. I'm sure 2008 will be another great year filled with many new challenges and fond memories. And, while I look forward to watching the boys continue to grow and explore the world around them, I'd also like to figure out how to make it all slow down. They grow up too fast!
Goodbye 2007! It has been a fantastic year! But, now I'm looking forward to 2008 and all the new memories we will create! Here's wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm also on the hunt to slow down the "growing up" process. :) Sounds like you had a wonderful 2007. I hope '08 is fantastic for your family as well!
Post a Comment