Thursday, June 14, 2012

SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.....we're DONE with school for another year!  And, I'm doing the happy dance!!!

I'm quite certain this is the total opposite reaction most parents have to school being out for 3 months.  But, this girl has needs a break!!!!  To be honest, I can remember, back in August, only 1-2 weeks into the new school year, uttering the words, "I'm so done with school already, and its not even September!!!"  And, the sad thing is that *I* am not even the one attending school!

What a school year it has been.  2nd grade was, by far, the most challenging school year we have had thus far. Cole came home each night with HOURS of homework.  And, trying to make him focus long enough to complete any of it was next to impossible.

As the school year went on, Cole was less and less focused on the work that he needed to complete.  And, the homework became more and more.  More than once, we spent an entire Saturday working our way through 25+ pages of homework that he had hidden in his desk, hoping no one would notice.  (Nice try.)

Anyway, school is OUT!  I'm feeling a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!  And, I'm hoping the next few months can be spent having fun!  As much as I know Cole needs to read and do a little math to keep his skills sharp, I'm going to let him take a few weeks off so we can have some peaceful evenings in this house.  (Well, as much as that is possible...ha!)

This summer, we're headed to Disney World, the boys are attending summer school (fun classes, not work!), and Cole will spend about 2 months at Dave's Gymnastics where he will run, jump, swim and have a great time!  Chase will go back to Rainbow Kingdom a few half-days each week for a short while.  And, towards August we'll try to get back into school mode.

But for now...........let the summer begin!!!!!!


No comments: