Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I woke this morning when Cole came bouncing into the bedroom with his usual cheerful, "Good Morning, Mommy!" He crawled into bed between Daddy and I and was sweet as he could be. Until Daddy whispered to him that it was Mother's Day and he should sign his card. You would have thought Chris had asked him to sever his own arm.

"NOOOOOOOOOO! I'm not going to. I don't like you, dummy. You're not my friend!"

Followed by the slam of his bedroom door.

Repeat the above conversation about 50 times. And, that's how Mother's Day was around our house.

I'm not sure what caused this backslide in Cole's behavior. And, I'm finding myself second guessing everything. Did he accidently ingest some gluten? Is the behavior being triggered by the virus he has? Is a yeast die-off effect from the mHBOT treatments? I dunno. All I know is if his head could spin, it would have this weekend. It was awful.

I asked him a few times throughout the day about the whereabouts of my Mother's Day card. Each time, I was either told that he threw the card away or he "forgot" where he put it. Finally, when we were eating dinner, I asked Cole to bring me my Mother's Day card. Surprisingly, he got it for me. He had hidden it under his bed. (However, he had signed it by himself at some point during the day!) He came downstairs with a wadded up, crumpled purple envelope in one hand and a card in the other hand.

"Here ya go, Mom."

Better late than never, eh? Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: