Thursday, December 4, 2008

December already?

Seriously? How did yet another month go by with no blog posts? *sigh* What a busy month November was and what a whirlwind we are on!

I am happy to announce that we are finally moved into our new home! The boys are thrilled with their new rooms and their toys they haven't seen in four months! Cole announces almost daily that he LOVES our new home and "could we please live here for 96 days?"

They love to eat breakfast in the morning while watching the turkey in our backyard. They love to pull in the driveway and see the deer eating the crabapples off of our trees. And, just this morning, Cole said, "Nice piece of land we have here, Mom." :)

There is still quite a bit of work to be done on the house, but at least for now it is "done enough" to live in. And, little by little, the details are being finished. (And, by details, I mean those little things, like, you know, countertops, plumbing in the kitchen, a working washer and dryer, a master bathroom.... The list goes on and on!) And, perhaps soon, we will even have a television hooked up. I can't believe we have survived nearly a week without a single episode of Spongebob or Handy Manny.

Yesterday, after the appliance repairman fixed our dryer, I was able to do my first load of laundry in nearly a week. And (this is how sad our lives have become), Chase and I sat on the floor and watched laundry wash!!!

Now that the majority of the remodeling is behind us and we are moved into our house, I am hoping to be better about posting. I know there have been lots of things said and done by my boys that I should have written down! Come to think of it, here are a couple of Cole funnies from yesterday:

Cole: [holding his flashlight in the air and talking in his deepest voice] I am the Circus of Liberty. Every one waive your sinus!


Mom: Cole, how was your field trip to the food pantry today?
Cole: Good!
Mom: What food did you buy at the store with your money?
Cole: Candy!
Mom: Candy? Did you buy any vegetables or cereal?
Cole: Nope. We bought candy. All candy. The hungry people want SUGAR!!!!

No comments: