Sunday, July 20, 2008

Worlds of Fun!

Daddy and Mommy took Cole to Worlds of Fun for the very first time today! We were invited to bring out one of our old cars to display at the park in exchange for 3 free passes and a boxed lunch. Who could turn that down???

The funniest thing was that Cole (who is normally Mr. Wimpy about most things) wasn't content to ride the "baby rides" in Camp Snoopy. He kept asking over and over to ride the big adult roller coasters! Of course, he wasn't quite tall enough to ride them yet, but we rode every big ride in the park that he was tall enough for! And, the faster and scarier, the better! Go figure!

Cole had a great time...almost too much fun! We decided to skip his nap and let him play as long as he could make it. Around 4pm, Mommy decided that he was just too tired to stay any longer and we left. Although, it took both Mommy and Daddy to wrestle a kicking and screaming Cole from the park and hike a mile to the car!

Cole in the puddle before the park opened:


The 1955 Chevy at the car show:


Cole flying an airplane:


Cole in the Camp Snoopy ball house:


Daddy and Cole on the Scrambler:


Mommy and Cole on the Wacky Worm:


Daddy and Cole on the Flying Dutchman:

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yay for another generation loving WOF! I've such fond memories of the Flying Dutchman and the Scrambler.

As for the Wacky Worm, I hope you had a better ride operator than I was the few times I worked that one. I had a bad habit of overshooting the station and having to send the ride around a few extra times. That, and I distinctly remember having to push it on more than one occasion to get it started... :)