Since the moment Chase made his entrance into the world, his big brother has been somewhat less than thrilled. Until last week, Cole kept asking us when Chase was leaving. He has asked numerous times when his parents will be here to pick Chase up. And, he has even gone so far as to tell us that he was running away. Let's just say that being a big brother hasn't come easy to poor Cole, who has been the center of our universe for nearly 3 years. Life has changed and Cole hasn't been very accepting of it. However, the past week has been different. Cole has shown interest in his baby brother, even asking to touch and hold him. I even witnessed a kiss or two! I thought Cole had finally accepted Chase and things were beginning to settle into a new normal around our house.
Today, Nonnie stopped by for a visit to bring lunch and the boys gifts from her recent trip to Nashville.
Nonnie: I better go home.
Cole: Do you want to bring Chase, PLEASE?!?!?
Nonnie: [Laughing] You'd give Chase to the trashman, if he'd take him.
Cole: Yes.
*sigh* Just when I thought Cole was beginning to like his brother...
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment